Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Here We Go!

Well, here is my first real blog so I figure I will just blurt out what ever comes into my head or what ever is going on in my life?

My teacher certification expired on Tuesday. I applied for an extension (finishing my masters) but the state is so far behind that they will probably not process it until after the next board meeting. I am currently being paid uncertified substitute pay and feeling sick to my stomach....

The school was going to fire me due to not currently being certified but instead they are allowing me to request a leave of absence no later than March 22. The thinking is the extension will be granted before that date which would be the next board meeting to fire me. This is partially my fault for applying for the extension on January 4th. I should have applied in like October! Some of my friends think I procrastinated because I don't really want to teach.

I do want to teach but not the age levels or district that I am in now. Some people want a career...I think I just want a job. I do not want my life to revolve around my work...I want my life to revolve around things I enjoy and that enrich my life, my camp on the St. Lawrence, my mom and dad, my partner (James)my dog (Willow), camping, fishing, painting, designing stuff and gardening.

My career is a means to get to do all of those things!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! You bring up a good point about living to work vs working to live. You deserve to find a job that you will want to jump out of bed to get to. If that isn't teaching for you, I hope you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spend too much time in our lives working to not enjoy it... at least a little. My boss often asks if I'm still happy...if I'm passionate about my job. I tell him I can't honestly say I love work - I'd rather be with my husband and family! Work is work... but I'm not miserable with my job, so I guess I've got it good! :) Good luck in your future...

    ReplyDelete